We thought it would be a sweet idea to offer you a DIY activity to celebrate the arrival of December. Nothing better than a little tinkering to slow down a bit, right?
To make your Christmas ornaments you will need the following things:
- natural no-fire clay here
- Christmas cookie cutters or a glass to make Christmas balls
- a rolling pin
- cotton or faux suede threads (the ones you have on hand) here
Feel free to rummage through your cupboards to find what you need.
Steps to follow:
- make a ball with the clay and flatten it with a rolling pin until you obtain the desired thickness between 1 to 2 cm to prevent the ornaments from breaking easily
- use your cookie cutters to get the "flaflafla" shapes you like
- make a small hole at the top of each ornament with a craft stick or straw to insert the string after drying. Allow to air dry for at least 24 hours
- once they are dry put your string and TADADA you are ready to decorate your Christmas tree.
You also have the option of drawing on your ornaments with a white permanent marker here.
Have fun and above all have a good time with your family.